The purpose of this scholarship is to aid young women who are active participants in golf and who are in need of financial assistance.
A candidate is expected to have an acceptable scholastic record, active participation in golf and financial need. Other important considerations in the selection process are character of the candidate and motivation for a higher education. The closing date for receiving the completed application is June 1 of current calendar year. The recipient will be announced in late June or early July after interviews with the candidates.
The committee MUST receive ALL of the following by June 1 of the current calendar year:
1. A secondary school transcript including scores from SAT tests and/or ACT tests.
2. A student student description summary with a statement by the guidance counselor.
3. Two letters of reference from persons who are not relatives. These letters must be mailed directly to the committee. It is suggested that these letters be from professionals such as teachers, clergymen, etc.
4. A brief essay describing past activities and future goals.
5. A copy of current courses and grades.
The SWDGA award winner will be expected to contribute toward their education from sources listed on the application. She will also be expected to maintain a satisfactory scholastic record (maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above) and to conduct herself as a responsible citizen.
A $4,000 award over 4 years will be given to the winner, payable by $1,000 per school year, not to exceed four years, as long as the recipient remains in good standing. (Recipient may take off one semester IF she is in good standing academically. She must notify the SWDGA Treasurer of her intentions and her academic status).
NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNLESS ALL MATERIALS ARE RECEIVED BY June 15 of the current calendar year.
Please send all applications and correspondence to:
218 Euclid Drive
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Click here to download the application.